Muhammad Ali Would Have Hated Black Lies Matter
2020-06-21 16:02:43 UTC
"On the fourth anniversary of his death, Muhammad Ali’s only
biological son says that his father would be against Black Lives
Matter, calling the movement “racist” and the protesters “devils.”"
"Of the BLM movement, Ali Jr., a Muslim like his father, said: “I
think it’s racist.”
“It’s not just black lives matter, white lives matter, Chinese lives
matter, all lives matter, everybody’s life matters. God loves everyone
— he never singled anyone out. Killing is wrong no matter who it is,”
Ali said during an hour-long interview with The Post.
On police brutality, Ali defended law enforcement in general.
“Police don’t wake up and think, ‘I’m going to kill a n—-r today or
kill a white man,'” he said. “They’re just trying to make it back home
to their family in one piece."
https://nypost.com/2020/06/20/muhammad-alis-son-says-he-wouldve-hated-black-lives-matters/
Johnny
I don't think there are that many racist police officers today.
El Castor
2020-06-21 17:01:10 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
I've known a couple of cops very well -- deceased son-in-law and
retired brother-in-law. Neither is or was racist, but dealing with
Black and Hispanic criminals was a large and not very pleasant part of
their job. Such is life in the big city. BTW, at least in the SFPD
there is a form of discrimination. In the promotion department a white
skin is, or was, not an asset.