Fuel-tax riots in France justify his decision to yank the United States out of the "fatally flawed" Paris climate deal.
Add Reply
CLOISTER
2018-12-05 13:30:14 UTC
President Donald Trump claims the fuel-tax riots in France justify his decision to yank the United States out of the "fatally flawed" Paris climate deal.

"I am glad that my friend @EmmanuelMacron and the protestors in Paris have agreed with the conclusion I reached two years ago," Trump tweeted. "The Paris Agreement is fatally flawed because it raises the price of energy for responsible countries while whitewashing some of the worst polluters in the world."

Trump added he has been "making great strides in improving America's environment," but suggested the Paris agreement put the burden for environmentally friendly policies on American taxpayers.

The tweet came after France delayed plans to implement steep taxes on diesel fuel and gasoline as part of Macron's effort to reduce emissions.

Trump last month dismissed a government report that warned of dire consequences if the country does not address climate change.
=========================
Notice Pres Trump called Macron "my friend", so he did not
kick a man when he was down.
The Man in the High Castle
2018-12-05 14:20:02 UTC
Post by CLOISTER
President Donald Trump claims the fuel-tax riots in France justify his decision to yank the United States out of the "fatally flawed" Paris climate deal.
Trump added he has been "making great strides in improving America's environment," but suggested the Paris agreement put the burden for environmentally friendly policies on American taxpayers.
The tweet came after France delayed plans to implement steep taxes on diesel fuel and gasoline as part of Macron's effort to reduce emissions.
Trump last month dismissed a government report that warned of dire consequences if the country does not address climate change.
Notice Pres Trump called Macron "my friend", so he did not
kick a man when he was down.
Macron is right wing so your alt right wannabe despot Trump loves him
but France does not. Same for May in England. Trump love the far right
and hates peons like you who are so stupid you vote for him.