Designer Babies Sooner Rather Than Later
2018-10-10 06:24:50 UTC
"Japan set to allow gene editing in human embryos
Draft guidelines permit gene-editing tools for research into early
human development.

Japan has issued draft guidelines that allow the use of gene-editing
tools in human embryos. The proposal was released by an expert panel
representing the country’s health and science ministries on 28
September.

Although the country regulates the use of human embryos for research,
there have been no specific guidelines on using tools such as
CRISPR–Cas9 to make precise modifications in their DNA until now."
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06847-7"
Gary
2018-10-10 14:06:29 UTC
"Japan set to allow gene editing in human embryos
Draft guidelines permit gene-editing tools for research into early
human development.
Japan has issued draft guidelines that allow the use of gene-editing
tools in human embryos. The proposal was released by an expert panel
representing the country’s health and science ministries on 28
September.
Although the country regulates the use of human embryos for research,
there have been no specific guidelines on using tools such as
CRISPR–Cas9 to make precise modifications in their DNA until now."
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06847-7"
When American scientist begin to experiment with gene-editing I wonder what they will
do ? My guess is they will combine the genes of a Negro and a Jew. That should
give them a human with an IQ of 150 and the ability to jump a fence four feet high.
El Castor
Sounds good to me. (-8
Gary
2018-10-11 17:32:21 UTC
[...]
But that only happens if the scientists use the best genes. What if he accidently uses
the worst genes ? It grows up to have an IQ of 60. It drops out of the local
synagog because it wants to own a pig farm and -- to marry a same sex muslim.
El Castor
It may take time to perfect the process. Democrats may happen.
mg
2018-10-12 18:25:50 UTC
On Tue, 09 Oct 2018 23:24:50 -0700, El Castor
Post by El Castor
"Japan set to allow gene editing in human embryos
Draft guidelines permit gene-editing tools for research into early
human development.
Japan has issued draft guidelines that allow the use of gene-editing
tools in human embryos. The proposal was released by an expert panel
representing the country’s health and science ministries on 28
September.
Although the country regulates the use of human embryos for research,
there have been no specific guidelines on using tools such as
CRISPR–Cas9 to make precise modifications in their DNA until now."
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06847-7"
In the long run, that might be mankind's best chance for survival. The
idea seems kind of creepy, though. When I think of gene editiing,
what I think about are millions of Alfred E. Neumans marching in lock
step shouting "what me worry?"

---------------------
Q. What do you get when you cross a black and an indian?
A. A Sioux named "Boy".
w***@gmail.com
2018-10-12 20:46:20 UTC
Post by El Castor
"Japan set to allow gene editing in human embryos
Draft guidelines permit gene-editing tools for research into early
human development.
Japan has issued draft guidelines that allow the use of gene-editing
tools in human embryos. The proposal was released by an expert panel
representing the country痴 health and science ministries on 28
September.
Although the country regulates the use of human embryos for research,
there have been no specific guidelines on using tools such as
CRISPR砲as9 to make precise modifications in their DNA until now."
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06847-7"
In the long run, that might be mankind's best chance for survival. The
idea seems kind of creepy, though. When I think of gene editiing,
what I think about are millions of Alfred E. Neumans marching in lock
step shouting "what me worry?"
Gene editing to many has been a disaster for agriculture! The final product may have toxins, allergy factors or other negative health effects! Once developed and apparently meeting the needs of the profit market, the negative effects that may be present are ignored or minimized! No telling what the profit market will develop in designer babies!

https://www.independentsciencenews.org/health/hidden-health-dangers-former-agbiotech-insider-gmo-crops/

Hidden Health Dangers: A Former Agbiotech Insider Wants His GMO Crops Pulled ... (cont)
El Castor
2018-10-12 21:13:33 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
Darwinism worked for millions of years, but in an age where we pay
women to give birth to gang members and burglars, maybe without a
little help from science, all we are going to get is better gangsters
and thieves.
Gary
2018-10-12 22:11:19 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
Darwinism helped us to evolve upward for millions of years. But then a few decades
ago, us humans began to "devolve" downward. Or maybe it is just our "tolerant"
culture that is going to the dogs.
mg
2018-10-13 20:02:18 UTC
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 14:13:33 -0700, El Castor
Post by El Castor
[...]
It seems to me that the logical solution would be to pay people, who
are having children while on welfare, to be voluntarily sterilized
(Including men, of course).
w***@gmail.com
2018-10-13 20:21:50 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
Never can tell what will come from a New Born!

https://www.businessinsider.com/billionaires-who-came-from-nothing-2013-12

21 billionaires who grew up poor

https://swirled.com/successful-people-who-grew-poor/

6 Successful Women Who Were Dirt Poor Growing Up

https://www.forbes.com/sites/objectivist/2013/04/12/to-be-born-poor-doesnt-mean-youll-always-be-poor/#1a66e6945929

To Be Born Poor Doesn't Mean You'll Always Be Poor
Emily
How about a limit of one child or you lose your welfare?
El Castor
2018-10-14 01:24:47 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
Absolutely! But, can you imagine the stink if a politician,
particularly a Republican, suggested it?
mg
2018-10-14 06:15:03 UTC
On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 18:24:47 -0700, El Castor
Post by El Castor
[...]
Would they be called bigots? Would they be called racists? Would they
be called genocidal fascists?

Yup, I can imagine that they would be called all of those things and
maybe more.
El Castor
2018-10-14 06:44:37 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
Yes. And the irony is that if it was offered as a free procedure,
without a cash incentive, as part of Medicare, the name callers would
have nothing to say. But offer a cash incentive, just to welfare
recipients, and the Left would go nuts.
Gary
2018-10-14 19:29:51 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
I think if we aimed a law at men, it might help curb the population. Let's say that
any man who impregnates a woman must give the mother of that offspring $1,000 a month
until it is 18 years old. And if he should fail to pay -- he will be put into an old
fashion "chain gang" where he will work outside until the child is 18. If that were a
law, I bet we would see a run on condoms :-)
El Castor