Whines from the Jews - The inescapable anti-Semitism of Western nationalists
Anatoly
2018-09-16 09:09:31 UTC
HAHAHAHA! Same whines from the assholes who spit on James Byrd
and brought you the faggot hate-crime legislation named for
Matthew Shepard.

Anti-Defamation League - We hate everyone but Jews and those who
will advance our cause to be in charge.

Readers of Today's WorldView are well aware of how the far right
has gone mainstream over the past year. They were brought there
by a confluence of events: President Trump's rise to the White
House on an ultranationalist platform, the electoral gains made
by once-fringe parties in Western Europe and the deepening
illiberalism of parties in power farther east. As a result,
we've seen a rise in Islamophobia as well as widespread
demonization of immigrants in various countries.

But this resurgent nativism also encompasses an old and dark
tradition: a virulent hatred of Jews.

You could see it in last year's infamous white-nationalist rally
in Charlottesville, where hundreds — inspired in part by
Trump's politics — chanted “Jews will not replace us.” (The
president decries anti-Semitism, but had a notoriously tough
time denouncing the neo-Nazi marchers.) You could see it in the
sly game played by Poland's ruling party, which has moved to
criminalize discussion of Poland's role in the Holocaust while
looking the other way during a nationalist demonstration in
November where supporters chanted “Pure Poland, Jew-Free
Poland.” And you could even see it in the hideous slaughter of
17 high school students in Florida this month — the shooter's
magazines were reportedly etched with swastikas.

A new study by the Anti-Defamation League, a U.S.-based
organization that tracks anti-Semitism and other bigotry, found
an alarming rise in anti-Semitic incidents in 2017. “The ADL’s
2017 Audit of Anti-Semitic Incidents identified 1,986 examples
of anti-Semitic harassment, vandalism and assault in 2017, the
largest single-year increase and the second-highest number since
it started tracking the data in the 1970s,” my colleague Tara
Bahrampour reported. “Vandalism was up by 86 percent, and
incidents targeting Jewish schools, community centers, museums
and synagogues had surged by 101 percent since 2016, the report
found. The number of anti-Semitic incidents in K-12 schools has
roughly doubled each year for the past two years, the report
said.”

“This is close to an all-time high,” Jonathan Greenblatt, the
organization’s CEO, said to The Washington Post, adding that the
last time the number of incidents was so high was nearly 25
years ago. He blamed the shift on “the divisive state of our
national discourse” in the Trump era. “We’re living in a time
where extremists feel emboldened and they’re increasingly taking
action,” he said. “They feel empowered. They almost feel like
they’ve been mainstreamed.”

Another report that the organization published in late January
pointed to a surge in white-supremacist propaganda on American
college campuses. And while countless politicians and talking
heads moan about leftist political correctness at America's
universities, far fewer seem concerned about this troubling
uptick.

On the other side of the Atlantic, the trend lines are perhaps
all the more worrying. In Germany, the far-right AfD party has
become the largest opposition bloc in Parliament. It carries a
toxic legacy of anti-Semitism and includes a host of politicians
who are tired of apologizing for Germany's Nazi past. Xenophobic
far-right parties across the continent — from France to Austria
to Slovakia — have all risen to prominence (and, in some
instances, to power) while engaging in what could arguably be
seen as anti-Semitic demagoguery. Hungarian Prime Minister
Viktor Orban's relentless campaign against Jewish American
financier George Soros offers a striking case in point.

A common theme in their messaging is populist contempt for
“globalism” — for well-heeled intellectuals, aloof bureaucrats
and jet-setting business executives whose interests and beliefs
somehow betray the nation. This distaste for “cosmopolitanism”
is hardly new for Europe and, of course, is intertwined with a
long history of anti-Semitic tropes.

Perhaps nowhere has the problem resurfaced more than in Poland,
where critics say the governing Law and Justice Party is
steering the country toward a majoritarian autocracy. That
government passed a controversial new law this month on how the
Holocaust is remembered, making it illegal to speak of Polish
complicity in the genocide. The law chilled discussion of
Poland's past at home and stirred outrage abroad, but Polish
leaders have staunchly defended it.

At the high-profile Munich Security Conference this month,
Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki drew the ire of
onlookers when he seemed to put equal blame on Jewish
collaborators for the Nazi-sponsored genocide that wiped out
millions of European Jews.

“You’re not going to be seen as criminal [if you] say that there
were Polish perpetrators, as there were Jewish perpetrators, as
there were Russian perpetrators as well as Ukrainian
perpetrators — not only German perpetrators,” Morawiecki said
when asked to defend the new legislation.

The “Holocaust law” has sparked a diplomatic battle with Israel
and created new fears among the country's Jews. Although Poland
once had Europe's largest Jewish community, fewer than 10,000
now live there. Anna Chipczynska, the president of the Warsaw
Jewish community, told my colleague James McAuley that the
resurgent nationalist mood has led to Jewish organizations being
flooded with hate mail. She suggested that some Polish Jews may
consider hiding their cultural identity.

“They might see a stigma,” Chipczynska said. “And therefore
there is a legitimate risk that people will hide and cover their
identities, their backgrounds. It’s extremely concerning.”

Such a scenario is, of course, not something American Jews have
to worry about. But the mobilization and growing visibility of
the American far right is a major concern. “They’ve dropped the
boots in favor of suits; they’ve dropped the camos in favor of
khakis; they talk about white culture and supporting policies
like ending immigration,” Greenblatt of the ADL told The Post.

And that’s just what’s visible to the outside world. The
Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks right-wing hate groups
in the United States, recently released its own report on the
surge in neo-Nazi mobilization in the country. Heidi Beirich,
director of the SPLC’s Intelligence Project, told Bahrampour
that the organization's research barely scratches the surface of
what may be happening.

“We’re in an ugly time,” she said. “We’re not even close to
capturing even one-tenth.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/02/28/the-
inescapable-anti-semitism-of-western-
nationalists/?utm_term=.160dc5af092a

me
2018-09-16 14:37:52 UTC
What if people in the West just no longer accept what they have been told to accept and forced to accept by their institutions? People tend to question their prior assumptions when reality differs from expectations. Blind obedience has limits. Sometimes imposed obedience is resisted. This is human nature. I just returned from a 3 month visit to Germany. If there is anti-semitism I didn’t see it. However, I did see a lot of Muslims. What would you do if you didn’t like your circumstance and life changed for the worse?
Gary
2018-09-16 18:14:59 UTC
What if people in the West just no longer accept what they have been told to accept and forced to accept by their institutions? People tend to question their prior assumptions when reality differs from expectations. Blind obedience has limits. Sometimes imposed obedience is resisted. This is human nature. I just returned from a 3 month visit to Germany. If there is anti-semitism I didn’t see it. However, I did see a lot of Muslims. What would you do if you didn’t like your circumstance and life changed for the worse?
I've read a lot about history, but I have never fully understood why the Germans were so
down on the Jews in the 1930s and 1940s.
me
2018-09-16 18:40:43 UTC
Why not research this and post a report?
Gary
2018-09-16 18:57:49 UTC
Why not research this and post a report?
I've tried to read and find an answer. But if one is out there -- I must have missed it.
If you want to point me to some answers -- I'd be glad to look and see.
me
2018-09-16 19:28:33 UTC
OK, I’ll bite.
https://www.history.ac.uk/ihr/Focus/Holocaust/stone.pdf
http://web.mnstate.edu/shoptaug/AntiFrames.htm
http://www.bl.uk/learning/histcitizen/voices/info/antisemitism/antisemitism.html
Gary
2018-09-16 20:24:07 UTC
OK, I’ll bite.
https://www.history.ac.uk/ihr/Focus/Holocaust/stone.pdf
http://web.mnstate.edu/shoptaug/AntiFrames.htm
http://www.bl.uk/learning/histcitizen/voices/info/antisemitism/antisemitism.html
Thanks a lot. That all looks interesting. The answer may be in there. But it will
take me a while to read it. I'll let you know ... later.
El Castor
2018-09-16 20:08:21 UTC
Why not research this and post a report?
I've tried to read and find an answer. But if one is out there -- I must have missed it.
If you want to point me to some answers -- I'd be glad to look and see.
Ashkenazi Jews are on the whole the most intelligent ethnic group on
the planet. That intelligence makes them naturally successful and
wealthy. Anti-Jewish animosity was built into a fundamentalist Western
European Christian theology that hated the crucfiers of Christ and
denied Jewish immigrants from Eastern Europe access to Christian trade
guilds, pushing them into the money lending and merchant professions.
Money lending is a profession specifically despised in the Bible --
Christ cast the money lenders out of the temple. Combine those forces
with Jewish intelligence and you have rich successful Jewish bankers
and merchants. A natural Jewish tendency to preserve their heritage
and ethnicity and stick together in a hostile world, and it all
evolves into jealousy and hatred on the part of a less successful
Christian majority.
me
2018-09-17 00:06:00 UTC
I suggest the anti-Semite sentiments have more to do with Jewish tribalism based on a belief they are Gods chosen people. There appear to be similarities with Muslim culture. Like Jews, Muslims also think of themselves as closer to God. They also have their special cultural codes in dress and behavior. All to cement their ‘specialness’ vs other cultures. That I expect tends to alienate them from their ‘host’ societies. What do you think?
El Castor
2018-09-17 18:41:18 UTC
I suggest the anti-Semite sentiments have more to do with Jewish tribalism based on a belief they are Gods chosen people. There appear to be similarities with Muslim culture. Like Jews, Muslims also think of themselves as closer to God. They also have their special cultural codes in dress and behavior. All to cement their ‘specialness’ vs other cultures. That I expect tends to alienate them from their ‘host’ societies. What do you think?
I stand by exactly what I said. Jews, unlike Muslims, are an
ethnicity, and one with ancient traditions, thus Jews consider
themselves to be Jewish, apart from any religious beliefs they may or
may not have. They tend to inter-marry, which is the reason they have
developed and retained their intellect, and also a large number of
genetic diseases. Does that bother me? Not at all. I completely
understand it. Jews have done a great deal for humanity -- for which
we should all be grateful -- and that includes you, Werner. They
invented the monotheism which permeates western culture, and despite
being less than 2/10ths of 1% of the world's population, Jews have won
22% of Nobel prizes. So, I stand by exactly what I said.

BTW -- do you consider yourself to be an anti-Semite? You certainly
sound like one.
me
2018-09-17 20:10:58 UTC
Exactly! Historically, Jews consider themselves different from non-Jews. One might even say ‘superior’ as in Superior Race. Would you denounce that as anti- Goyish?
Gary
2018-09-17 21:34:58 UTC
Exactly! Historically, Jews consider themselves different from non-Jews. One
might even say ‘superior’ as in Superior Race. Would you denounce that as anti- Goyish?
Rightly or wrongly, for the past 3,500 years Jews have been taught that they are the
"chosen people" of the deity. Would not such a person be superior to other humans ?
How can a young Jew NOT think he/she is superior ?

Gary
2018-09-17 11:56:16 UTC
[...]
There is no doubt the Jews are very intelligent. How else could one small group have
risen to so many prominent positions in the modern world.

I've never understood why some Christians dislike Jews because -- " they crucified Jesus".
Sure ... a few did that. Which was their legal and cultural right of that day. But
... they were also the ones who -- "gave us Jesus". After all -- he was also a Jew.
Where would Christianity be without that ?

I've always marveled at how the Jews have clung together and helped each other advance.
I just wish my Scottish-Celtic tribe had done the same.
me
2018-09-17 12:21:45 UTC
You can probably call that the ‘politics of advancement’. Intelligence might be a factor or not. Surely there are very intelligent people in other ‘tribes’ who are not helped to advance. Then, of course there is money. Whoever controls money controllers who gets it and who doesn’t. I don’t think it an accident that banks and especially big banks and specifically central banks are a Jewish oligopoly. What do you think? Banks can’t lose money even when they result in failure of intelligence. They just create new money to pay off the losses. They can’t lose. They can only win.
El Castor
2018-09-17 19:02:26 UTC
You can probably call that the ‘politics of advancement’. Intelligence might be a factor or not. Surely there are very intelligent people in other ‘tribes’ who are not helped to advance. Then, of course there is money. Whoever controls money controllers who gets it and who doesn’t. I don’t think it an accident that banks and especially big banks and specifically central banks are a Jewish oligopoly. What do you think? Banks can’t lose money even when they result in failure of intelligence. They just create new money to pay off the losses. They can’t lose. They can only win.
When Jews emigrated from Eastern Europe to the West, they encountered
a system of trade guilds that refused to admit the crucifiers of
Christ. Since Christ had thrown the money lenders out of the temple,
the profession was looked upon with scorn. Jews saw an opening, so
they became bankers. For that, they have anti-Semites like yourself to
thank.
me
2018-09-17 19:59:08 UTC
Don’t get yourself in an uproar! I’m not anti-Semitic. I’m simply responding to a question with an answer you know is credible and probably accurate. The reason for a Jewish banking cartel is beside the point. The point is money has influence. It has more than just influence. Money rules. Those who control the money control everything.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Is Rothschild an anti-Semite?