"Religious Rightists Must Admit That They Are Unfit To Be American Citizens"
Add Reply
Ubiquitous
2020-11-16 21:53:43 UTC
Trump hates the american worker.

Company That Trump Trashed For Offshoring Jobs Is Having Workers Train
Their Own Replacements
Rexnord Corporation apparently isn’t scared of a Trump tweet.
By Arthur Delaney

580
160
Brian Reed has known some of his co-workers for decades and considers them
friends, but he’s been very direct with the ones getting extra pay to
train their replacements.

“This place is shutting down and moving purely for corporate greed, and in
return you’re just as greedy as they are, because you’re chasing $4 an
hour,” Reed said. “In my eyes, all you’re doing is helping this company
succeed when this company has failed you.”

Reed has worked for Rexnord Corp. at its ball-bearing factory in
Indianapolis for 24 years. Although the company is profitable, it
announced last fall that it would be shuttering the plant, laying off 300
people and replacing them with workers in Mexico and Texas.

To get the new workers up to speed, Rexnord has flown groups of them to
Indiana to be trained by the soon-to-be-laid-off employees they’re
replacing. The company hashed out this arrangement after completing a
severance agreement with the local United Steelworkers union. The typical
hourly wage at the plant is about $25; employees who volunteer to train
can get an extra $4.

Workers have been protesting the move, which they argue is greedy because
the company is profitable and the plant is productive. President Donald
Trump criticized the company in a tweet in December, saying it was an
example of the kind of offshoring his administration would stop with new
trade deals.

But it’s unlikely that Trump could change U.S. trade policy fast enough to
have an effect on Rexnord’s decision, and the tweet hasn’t done the trick,
either. After all, Rexnord is just one of dozens of companies laying
people off and shipping their jobs abroad in any given month, even as
Trump dubiously claims to have forced firms like General Motors and Ford
to announce new capital investment in the U.S.

“To be a viable company that contributes to economic growth, we must meet
customers’ needs with high-quality products at competitive prices,”
Rexnord said in December. “We work diligently to do this while making
responsible decisions for the people and partners who depend on this
company and its long-term health.”

Trump did succeed in getting one company, Carrier Corporation, to cancel
its plans to close a factory in the U.S. ? a furnace factory in
Indianapolis about a mile from Rexnord’s bearings plant. Many Rexnord
workers, who are represented by the same chapter of the Steelworkers Union
as the Carrier Workers, hoped that Trump would turn his attention to their
plight. Those hopes faded slightly after Trump exaggerated the number of
Carrier jobs saved and then feuded with president of the union over it.

For all Rexnord workers know, Trump has already moved on to other things.
Meanwhile, bitterness over the replacement-training effort has been
simmering since last fall. Don Zering, president of the United
Steelworkers unit at Rexnord, says the atmosphere in the factory has been
tense. About 20 people volunteered to train.

“There’s a little bit of friction here between people, but we’re working
through it,” Zering said. “It’s more [complaints] than I thought it would
be.”

Tim Feltner is a longtime Rexnord machinist who compared participating in
the training to crossing a picket line.

“It’s a sellout,” he said. “I’m not mad at my union brothers, I just can’t
understand.”

Mark Elliott is one of the workers Reed says he chastised for volunteering
to train. Both men are assemblers who’ve worked for the company for over
two decades. Elliott said he’s not fazed by the criticism, though he
thinks his colleagues should direct their anger at the company, not him.

“I don’t blame them for being upset,” he said.

The shutdown agreement between Rexnord and the union gives employees a
week’s pay for every year they’ve been with the company ? but only if they
stay until the end. In the meantime, it requires everyone to “fully
cooperate” with the company’s phase-out of operations, including “allowing
themselves to be viewed while working” and answering questions about what
they’re doing.

According to a union official, after workers complained to the media about
having to train their replacements, the company started offering extra pay
for volunteers for hands-on training.

“Any associate who is involved in training opted in, and receives a
financial incentive over and above severance benefits,” a Rexnord
spokeswoman said in an email, adding that the training was not part of the
formal shutdown agreement with the union.

Several workers have said they resent that they can only get their
severance if they stay until the plant closes this spring. And some said
they don’t understand why Rexnord brought the replacement workers to
Indiana instead of sending people to Mexico or Texas to train them there ?
though the company is apparently planning to do that, too.

Arromoneo Baskin, 32, volunteered not only to train workers at the plant,
but to go to Monterrey, Mexico, in the coming weeks to help train workers
there for a few months. He says that if anyone has a problem with it, they
can pay his bills.

“At the end of the day, it’s corporate greed, but what are you going to do
about it?” Baskin said. “You got to make the best of the opportunity that
you have.”

He’s worked for Rexnord for four years as an assembler, and says he feels
bad for the older workers who might have a harder time getting new jobs
after the plant closes. Baskin is optimistic about his prospects; older
workers generally have longer spells of unemployment than younger ones.

Elliott and Reed are 52 and 45, respectively. Both men have families. Both
say they don’t know what they’re going to do when their jobs end in a few
months.

“When you get into those 50s, jobs are scarce,” Elliott said. “A lot of
people don’t want you because of your age. It’s a scary situation coming
up.”

It’s scary for them, and awkward for the trainees, who hail from Mexico
and Texas and will be paid less for their work.

“They’re a little nervous. They’re in a new place,” Elliott said. “And
then they’re surrounded by people who don’t even want to say good morning
to you or look at you in your face.”

Reed says he doesn’t resent the trainees, mad as he is at the company and
the workers training them.

“I’m sure they have families. I can see that,” he said. “It’s just hard to
separate them from this company, because now they work for this company.”
Ted
2020-11-17 19:29:48 UTC
On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 21:53:43 -0000 (UTC), Ubiquitous
Subject: "Religious Rightists Must Admit
That They Are Unfit To Be American
Citizens"
I don't take offense at this, for I'm well aware that confusion and
ungodliness are unfortunately rampant in these last days.

But I must refer you to your history book. Read it and you'll see
that this land has been Christian from the beginning. Our Founding
Fathers established the US as one nation under God where men could be
free to worship Christ. Therefore, those of us whom you so derisively
label "religious rightists" comprise the quintessential core of
America.

That said, I'd be sinfully negligent not to address what the Spirit
has just revealed to me about you, as I now recognize how desperately
unhappy you are and how direly in need you are of the Lord's
salvation.

Revelation 3:20. Read it, as it's Jesus speaking directly to you. He
stands at the door of your heart and knocks. I know you can hear Him.
He loves you and wants to help.

Please feel free to message me here for further guidance, and don't
let Satan discourage you. You'll remember this moment for all of
eternity.

Brother Ted and Sister Alice
suzeeq
2020-11-17 19:40:16 UTC
Post by Ted
That They Are Unfit To Be American
Citizens"
I don't take offense at this, for I'm well aware that confusion and
ungodliness are unfortunately rampant in these last days.
But I must refer you to your history book. Read it and you'll see that
this land has been Christian from the beginning. Our Founding Fathers
established the US as one nation under God where men could be free to
worship
.. as they wish. They weren't necessarily Christian, but deists who
believed in god, though no particular religion. Now the first people to
establish settlements in this country were mostly christian, but they
didn't 'found' the nation so much as populate it.
Ubiquitous
2020-11-19 22:30:18 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Trump hates the american worker.
Company That Trump Trashed For Offshoring Jobs Is Having Workers Train
Their Own Replacements
Rexnord Corporation apparently isn’t scared of a Trump tweet.
By Arthur Delaney
Why are you posting an article from the Puffington Host from less than a
week after President Trump was inaugurated? Even morte important,
and you posted this off-topic article here because?

--
"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and and inclusive
voter fraud organization in the history of American politics."

#StopTheSteal