LAPD officer linked to two separate rape cases by DNA 'cold match': police
Add Reply
Daily Mexican
2020-11-16 02:04:36 UTC
A longtime officer with the Los Angeles Police Department was
arrested this week after an investigation linked his DNA to two
separate rape cases in 2015 and 2018, prosecutors said Wednesday.

William Rodriguez, 33, faces two counts of forcible rape and was
relieved of his police powers. The LAPD’s Robbery Homicide
Division, Sexual Assault Section, conducted an investigation
that stemmed from a reported sexual assault involving an
acquaintance of Rodriguez at his home in November 2018, the
department said.

The investigation found Rodriguez was also linked to a second
sexual assault case in August 2015. Both incidents occurred when
he was off-duty, police said. Rodriguez worked for the LAPD for
10 years and was most recently assigned to the Valley Traffic
Division.

“When one of our own breaks the trust of the people we are sworn
to protect and serve, it tarnishes the badge we all wear proudly
on our chests,” LAPD Police Chief Michel Moore said. “This
arrest reflects our commitment to pursue every lead no matter
where the investigation takes us.”

“When one of our own breaks the trust of the people we are sworn
to protect and serve, it tarnishes the badge we all wear proudly
on our chests.”

— Chief Michel Moore, Los Angeles Police Department
Investigators identified Rodriguez as the suspect in both cases
by a “cold hit” notification in the Combined DNA Index System
(CODIS) database. That means Rodriguez’s DNA matched the
forensic profile of the offender in both cases.

Rodriguez is expected to be arraigned Thursday, according to the
LAPD.

Last week, another former LAPD officer pleaded guilty to two
felony sex crimes involving a minor. Neil Kimball, 46, a veteran
LAPD sex crimes detective, was accused of raping a 15-year-old
sexual assault victim after he was assigned to investigate her
complaint. Kimball was arrested in November and charged with
tying up and raping the girl during the incident in Camarillo in
2017.

Kimball pleaded guilty to lesser charges of a lewd act with a
child and unlawful sexual intercourse as part of a plea
agreement, prosecutors said last Wednesday. He also will serve
three years in jail and has to register as a sex offender.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lapd-police-officer-two-rape-sexual-
assault-cases-linked-dna-cold-match

Bill Flett
2020-11-16 02:39:44 UTC
Post by Daily Mexican
A longtime officer with the Los Angeles Police Department was
arrested this week after an investigation linked his DNA to two
separate rape cases in 2015 and 2018, prosecutors said Wednesday.
Fuck off, cocksucker - you're bringing up an 18 month old story. Get the
fuck out of here.