Aunt Jemima changing name, removing image 'based on a racial stereotype'
2020-06-17 14:02:44 UTC
By Janine Puhak
Published 1 hour ago

Aunt Jemima is being rebranded with a new name and image, parent
company Quaker Oats has announced, acknowledging that the face of the
brand was “based on a racial stereotype.”

It was announced on Wednesday morning that the line of pancake mix,
syrup, and other breakfast foods will be debut a new look as part of
Quaker’s push to “to make progress toward racial equality.”

“We recognize Aunt Jemima’s origins are based on a racial stereotype,"
said Kristin Kroepfl, vice president and chief marketing officer of
Quaker Foods North America, in a statement shared with Fox News. “As we
work to make progress toward racial equality through several
initiatives, we also must take a hard look at our portfolio of brands
and ensure they reflect our values and meet our consumers’
expectations."

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/aunt-jemima-brand-removing-image-racial-stereotype
El Castor
2020-06-17 18:53:22 UTC
Post by Johnny
[...]
Oh no! Should I throw out our supply of racist Uncle Ben's rice?? Will
the liberals in this group please offer some guidance!
Johnny
2020-06-17 19:31:23 UTC
On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 11:53:22 -0700
Post by El Castor
Post by Johnny
[...]
I want to see the new box they come up with, they have already updated
the picture of Aunt Jemima, but she's still black. Maybe she's too
black, and they have get a black woman with lighter skin.
El Castor
2020-06-21 05:27:11 UTC
Post by El Castor
Post by Johnny
[...]
Maybe just use a White woman? Oh well, that would probably be labeled
racist too. This is all about turning out the Black vote for Biden.