California has the worst air quality in the US
2018-08-09 18:02:36 UTC
"This state has the worst air quality in the nation

The worst air quality in the United States is in California, a state
known for its efforts to raise environmental standards, cut greenhouse
gas emissions, and combat climate change.

California has the highest ozone levels of any state, according to the
American Lung Association's "State of the Air 2017" report on air
pollution, which analyzed counties across the country based on levels
of ozone and particle pollution.

The situation in California is steadily improving, but the state still
lags behind the rest of the nation.

Three California counties — Los Angeles-Long Beach, Bakersfield and
Fresno-Madera — had the worst smog levels in the entire country. More
than 90 percent of California residents live in counties with
unhealthy air, according to the American Lung Association.

Nationwide, the report found nearly four in ten Americans live where
pollution levels are often dangerous to breathe. But overall, the
number of Americans exposed to unhealthy levels of air pollution
dropped to about 125 million people, down from 166 million in last
year's report (which covered the period from 2012-2014).

Air pollution can cause asthma attacks, heart attacks, lung cancer,
reproductive harm and premature death. Globally, the World Health
Organization says 3 million people die prematurely each year from
breathing polluted air, and children are especially at risk.
b flanier
2018-08-09 21:40:32 UTC
"This state (CA) has the worst air quality in the nation
So, don't breathe-that's what we do in the Valley of the Hot
which is why so many folks vote Republican.*

*This is a weak attempt at joking. don't be offended or amused.
If neither occurs with you, my work is done here.

"Flanier is on a roll after a good nites sleep in filtered air"
~ Lord Snifington
rumpelstiltskin
2018-08-09 23:50:55 UTC
On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 14:40:32 -0700 (PDT), b flanier
Post by b flanier
"This state (CA) has the worst air quality in the nation
So, don't breathe-that's what we do in the Valley of the Hot
which is why so many folks vote Republican.*
*This is a weak attempt at joking. don't be offended or amused.
If neither occurs with you, my work is done here.
"Flanier is on a roll after a good nites sleep in filtered air"
~ Lord Snifington
When French Connection United Kingdom had a store
in San Francisco (they seem to have left now) they did
have T-shirts with just their initials on them, "F C U K".
I did find that amusing but I was never tempted to buy
the T-shirt because I thought the store was pretentious.