July 7th absolutely beautiful weather...doors and windows open all day
2018-07-07 20:42:54 UTC
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zUiy4i4VPe4/Ur8wj-aLLjI/AAAAAAAC3wk/xecj6MLXsBc/13%2B-%2B1?imgmax=1024
Gary
2018-07-07 22:24:26 UTC
On Sat, 7 Jul 2018 13:42:54 -0700 (PDT), GLOBALIST
Post by GLOBALIST
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zUiy4i4VPe4/Ur8wj-aLLjI/AAAAAAAC3wk/xecj6MLXsBc/13%2B-%2B1?imgmax=1024
We've had a very nice and warm spring in Georgia. I saw on TV where
Califonia has set new records for high temeratures.
GLOBALIST
God is punishing California for being Democratic
Heirloom
2018-07-08 09:34:02 UTC
Post by GLOBALIST
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zUiy4i4VPe4/Ur8wj-aLLjI/AAAAAAAC3wk/xecj6MLXsBc/13%2B-%2B1?imgmax=1024
We've had a very nice and warm spring in Georgia. I saw on TV where
Califonia has set new records for high temeratures.
God is punishing California for being Democratic
Yeah, and your racist god is punishing Puerto Rico for being brown,
right, asshole?
b***@gmail.com
In orange county, my place hit 120 on Friday. This is the first time I ever saw 15 people in the swimming pool.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-07-08 13:22:45 UTC
Post by GLOBALIST
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zUiy4i4VPe4/Ur8wj-aLLjI/AAAAAAAC3wk/xecj6MLXsBc/13%2B-%2B1?imgmax=1024
We've had a very nice and warm spring in Georgia. I saw on TV where
Califonia has set new records for high temeratures.
In orange county, my place hit 120 on Friday. This is the first time I ever saw 15 people in the swimming pool.
The hottest I've ever been in was 115°F in Las Vegas
one day. It was tolerable if you didn't walk fast, but if
you moved too fast, the air would burn your face.

That's the hottest outdoors, but I've been in hotter
saunas, in Denmark and in a now-long-gone sauna
named "Finillas" (my spelling is dubious) in San
Francisco. When Finillas was being torn down, my
best friend then (who's now my adopted son) picked
up a lot of the hand-made tiles that were just going
to be thrown away. He thought they must be worth
some money. That was about 40 years ago and he
never sold any of them. I have a cardboard box
with about 50 of them in it now, which just serves
as an elevated platform for my cat to get a better
look out the pantry window.

I actually just found a mention of Finilla's, though
no picture, in the second paragraph below the
bottom-most picture at this webpage:
http://walkinsanfrancisco.blogspot.com/
The oval street in the first picture (and others) there
looks like it might be the one that was bought up by
a married couple of entrepreneurs (that word gets
dirtier and dirtier connotations as time goes on).
The rich people living inside the oval had neglected
to pay a $15, or something like that, tax for street
cleaning, so the lousy entrepreneurs bought the
street for a song, and were planning to charge the
rich people for parking on it. That shenanigan
didn't last long, fortunately. The sale was deemed
illegal somehow, and the rich people got their
street back. They'll probably be more careful to
pay that easy-to-forget tax from now on. The
whole event was a very entertaining local news
item for a month or so. Even though it was
perpetrated against rich people, that was just too
outrageous, IMV.

The building that looks like a Mosque near the
oval is actually the Jewish Community Center.

Saint Mary's Cathedral in other pictures was
quickly nicknamed the "Bishop's Bendix" because,
although IMV it's a very handsome building, it
does remind one of the turning mechanism in
an old-time washing machine.
b***@gmail.com
2018-07-09 18:33:18 UTC
Post by GLOBALIST
[...]
Nice pictures but I don't know much about SF. When I was a kid, my father had a girl friend in SF we used to visit occasionally. I could go fishing off the docks and catch Perch with a drop line. Later, I flew to SF to visit a girl friend and I was lost about how to find the address. I was reading a map and walking down Main Street when a gay guy offered to help. He gave me directions and offered to let me stay at his place. I didn't know if I would have a place to stay or not so I accepted the invitation. We went to a gay bar that night and I met a few others. Then we had a beach party the next day and I met a few more gay people. They were all nice and knew I was straight. One guy tried to kiss me in the restroom of the bar and I declined. He was the only one I didn't like. I finally found my girl friend and we went out to dinner at some Asian place. But she was engaged to some other guy so I lost out.

The last time I visited SF was when I was discharged from the Marine Corps at Treasure Island in 1970. I spent a week living in a cheap hotel and just wandered around the city. I found a surplus store selling used circuit boards with lots of parts so I bought a few of those. Then I found a music store with several grand pianos for sale. I walked in and there was nobody on the floor and noticed a concert grand with 10 foot bass strings on the floor. There wasn't anybody around, so I sat down and played Chopin (op 53) on the concert grand. When I finished, I heard some clapping coming from the upstairs level and there were several people standing by the rails and clapping. I didn't have much to say, so I just got up and walked out since I couldn't afford a concert grand.