Yellen: US on track to default on national debt in October
2021-09-08 18:45:04 UTC
"In a Wednesday letter, Yellen said that the Treasury Department would
likely run out of cash and exhaust "extraordinary" measures to keep
the federal government within its legal borrowing limit at some point
next month.
"Once all available measures and cash on hand are fully exhausted, the
United States of America would be unable to meet its obligations for
the first time in our history," Yellen said."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/yellen-us-on-track-to-default-on-national-debt-in-october/ar-AAOe4MU?ocid=uxbndlbing

FYI, Janet Yellen is Biden's Treasury Secretary.
Johnny
2021-09-08 19:15:16 UTC
On Wed, 08 Sep 2021 11:45:04 -0700
Post by El Castor
"In a Wednesday letter, Yellen said that the Treasury Department would
likely run out of cash and exhaust "extraordinary" measures to keep
the federal government within its legal borrowing limit at some point
next month.
"Once all available measures and cash on hand are fully exhausted, the
United States of America would be unable to meet its obligations for
the first time in our history," Yellen said."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/yellen-us-on-track-to-default-on-national-debt-in-october/ar-AAOe4MU?ocid=uxbndlbing
FYI, Janet Yellen is Biden's Treasury Secretary.
That's what happens when a country is locked down, and the citizens
given free unemployment money, that is more than twice what they would
make.

The democrat's solution? Spend more money.
Peter Nelson
2021-09-09 07:45:34 UTC
Post by El Castor
"In a Wednesday letter, Yellen said that the Treasury Department would
likely run out of cash and exhaust "extraordinary" measures to keep
the federal government within its legal borrowing limit at some point
next month.
"Once all available measures and cash on hand are fully exhausted, the
United States of America would be unable to meet its obligations for
the first time in our history," Yellen said."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/yellen-us-on-track-to-default-on-national-debt-in-october/ar-AAOe4MU?ocid=uxbndlbing
FYI, Janet Yellen is Biden's Treasury Secretary.
That's what happens when a country is locked down, and the citizens
given free unemployment money, that is more than twice what they would
make.
The democrat's solution? Spend more money.
Trump's tax cut for the rich doesn't count? Reagan was the king of
deficits, not the Democrats.
Josh Rosenbluth
All that means is Congress has to raise the debt ceiling.
El Castor
2021-09-09 08:12:59 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
"In a Wednesday letter, Yellen said that the Treasury Department would
likely run out of cash and exhaust "extraordinary" measures to keep
the federal government within its legal borrowing limit at some point
next month.
"Once all available measures and cash on hand are fully exhausted, the
United States of America would be unable to meet its obligations for
the first time in our history," Yellen said."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/yellen-us-on-track-to-default-on-national-debt-in-october/ar-AAOe4MU?ocid=uxbndlbing
FYI, Janet Yellen is Biden's Treasury Secretary.
All that means is Congress has to raise the debt ceiling.
And again, and again, until we become another Greece?

BTW, Intel will be spending $950 billion on expanding European chip
production. Why Europe? Could it be that they intend to sell those
chips to European manufacturers and lower European corporate taxes
will allow them to be competitive? I think that has to be a
significant part of their decision. Even under Trump Sweden had a
lower corporate tax rate than the US -- now much lower.

On an unrelated issue -- just curious about something. I'm concerned
about reports that China will soon displace the US economically and
militarily. Taiwan and Korea have already surpassed us in chip
production. If I was to observe that the intelligence of East Asians
surpassed that of Western Caucasians -- would that be a racist remark?
Josh Rosenbluth
2021-09-09 18:18:25 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
"In a Wednesday letter, Yellen said that the Treasury Department would
likely run out of cash and exhaust "extraordinary" measures to keep
the federal government within its legal borrowing limit at some point
next month.
"Once all available measures and cash on hand are fully exhausted, the
United States of America would be unable to meet its obligations for
the first time in our history," Yellen said."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/yellen-us-on-track-to-default-on-national-debt-in-october/ar-AAOe4MU?ocid=uxbndlbing
FYI, Janet Yellen is Biden's Treasury Secretary.
All that means is Congress has to raise the debt ceiling.
And again, and again, until we become another Greece?
Raising the debt ceiling is required by previously-enacted spending
commitments. Now perhaps we shouldn't spend so much (or increase taxes),
but that's water over the bridge as far as raising the debt ceiling.
El Castor
2021-09-09 19:05:30 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
Not if we were to reduce spending now -- which is not going to happen.
The Left relishes tax increases because it believes that those higher
taxes will be paid for by punishing the "rich". Unfortunately we have
found time and again that higher taxes are paid for by everyone and
are reflected in higher prices, reduced job growth, and a slowing
economy.

Getting back to my unrelated question. If I was to observe that East
Asian IQs are on average measurably higher than Caucasian IQs, would
that be a racist remark -- or just truthful?
Josh Rosenbluth
2021-09-10 02:03:17 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
Even if we reduce spending now, we have to raise the debt ceiling to
cover long-ago authorized spending.
El Castor
2021-09-10 04:51:53 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
Really doesn't matter how long ago the spending was authorized --
yesterday, last year, or 2010. If it is inappropriate, cut it. Sadly
the Right and Left will never agree on the meaning of the word
"appropriate".
Josh Rosenbluth
2021-09-10 20:01:24 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
Practically speaking, you can't cut what has been authorized to be spent
next month.
Josh Rosenbluth
2021-09-10 02:04:02 UTC
Getting back to my unrelated question. If I was to observe that East
Asian IQs are on average measurably higher than Caucasian IQs, would
that be a racist remark -- or just truthful?
I've answered this many times. Such an observation is not per se racist.
What you do with that observation could be.
El Castor
2021-09-10 05:24:20 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Getting back to my unrelated question. If I was to observe that East
Asian IQs are on average measurably higher than Caucasian IQs, would
that be a racist remark -- or just truthful?
I've answered this many times. Such an observation is not per se racist.
What you do with that observation could be.
That observation explains a lot ...
Asian American household income is measurably greater than Caucasian
American household income, and Asian Americans who comprise 5.9% of
the population, account for 1.5% of the US prison population. African
Americans, on the other hand, trail Asian Americans by 20 IQ points,
make up 13.4% of the US population, and 38.2% of the prison
population.
https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_race.jsp
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045219

Face facts. It all comes down to genetics -- in this case IQ. If we
were to look at success in Olympic track and field, the tables would
be turned. Once again, genetics. I don't believe this because of my
politics, I believe it because it is true.

What to do about it? Technology -- but admitting reality first would
be helpful. Unfortunately that admission can get a researcher fired.
Josh Rosenbluth
2021-09-10 20:08:24 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
I knew it. You have no recollection of why your statement is wrong. Go
back and read our discussions. And don't bother with your inapt
references to IQ studies that concluded up to 80% of IQ is explained by
genetics. Instead, let's see if you can (from reading our discussions)
summarize why those studies are inapt.
El Castor
2021-09-11 04:13:35 UTC
On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:08:24 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
Oh please! Liberals in their desperation to avoid the truth could find
"proof" that the moon was made of green cheese. Choose politics over
logic if you wish, but you are fooling no one but yourself.
Josh Rosenbluth
2021-09-11 04:17:04 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
You are so wed to your conclusion, you can't even remember the simple,
straightforward, logical argument against your position even if you
disagree with that argument.
El Castor
2021-09-11 06:47:45 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
A little more info for you to not believe. (-8

Average Sub-Saharan African IQs around the world ...
Africa 67
Caribbean 71
US 85
Netherlands 85
Britain 86
https://human-intelligence.org/race-differences-in-intelligence/

Hmmm. Our bodily functions are a product of our genes. Why not our
brains?
"Ashkenazi Jews
Their average I.Q is about 110, the highest in the world (Europe,
America, South Africa). They also have the highest standard deviation
at 17, which further increases their representation among the highest
I.Q.
With a population of only 10 million people, they won no less than
one-third of the world’s Nobel Prizes and represent 50% of the chess
champions.
There is a link between their high intelligence and the particularly
high frequency of certain genetic diseases in their population.
Ashkenazim also have the highest frequency of myopia of birth, myopia
is correlated to +0.25 with human intelligence. The explanation could
be a pleiotropic gene, ie a gene that has an impact on both the eyes
and the central nervous system, namely the brain. It should be noted
that the eyes are extensions of the central nervous system. Kirkegaard
et al. (2009) show that Ashkenazi Jews have a higher GWAS score for
educational attainment (mainly high I.Q genes) as compare to non
Jewish Europeans."
https://human-intelligence.org/jews/

Don't you find the consistency of intelligence among genetically
similar groups, without regard to country of origin, to be curious?

How many Nobel prizes in Physics have been awarded to Africans of any
nationality?
Olympic gold medals to Black athletes?

Darwin understood that humans are animals, animals that evolved
differently in different environments.
Occi Pital
2021-09-14 20:21:31 UTC
BTW, Intel will be spending $950 billion on expanding European chip
production.
No, it won't. You're off by a factor of ten, and the report includes
both Europe and the USA. Try $95 billion world-wide.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/intel-plans-investment-of-up-to-95-billion-in-european-chip-making-amid-u-s-expansion-11631027400

Intel has plenty of investment plans in the USA.

https://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-forest/2021/05/intels-new-ceo-says-chipmaker-will-build-more-oregon-factories.html
El Castor
2021-09-15 05:23:17 UTC
Post by Occi Pital
Post by El Castor
BTW, Intel will be spending $950 billion on expanding European chip
production.
No, it won't. You're off by a factor of ten, and the report includes
both Europe and the USA. Try $95 billion world-wide.
Oops! You're correct. (-8