Social Security Chat Room ???
KRL
2011-08-01 18:16:32 UTC
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??

I have some questions.

Thanks

KRL
Reed
2011-08-01 19:11:43 UTC
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
Lots of SS discussion here, Medicare also

http://www.city-data.com/forum/retirement/
KRL

i***@gmail.com
Can ya'll please send me more money because I have a son the money ya'll send me is not to much
g***@gmail.com
My wife turns 62 in a month, I turn 63 in two months. At our full retirement age of 66, her monthly benefit is $882 but $665 at age 62. My full benefit at 66 is $2597. We don't need the money now, but the question is if she draws $665 at 62, then switches to her interest in my benefit at her age 66, what would her total benefit become at her age 66? If she doesn't draw anything next month and waits to draw on her interest in my benefit at age 66, does it change what she would receive? (No need to factor in COLA).
j***@gmail.com
My boyfriend and i would like to get married and would like to know how out benefits would be affected. I receive $483.60ssdi monthly and he received así $780 monthly.
gary humphlett
retirement check come
gary humphlett
2022-12-26 23:05:30 UTC
Post by Reed
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
Lots of SS discussion here, Medicare also
http://www.city-data.com/forum/retirement/
retirement check come this friday, or next tues ? thx

Alan Lichtenstein
2011-08-01 20:32:55 UTC
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
Usenet is not a chat room, as it is a public bulletin board. Post your
questions to this NG and you'll get a variety of answers many from
people here with considerable expertise. Also, if the information you
seek is not known, you'll get good advice as to where to go to get same.

We're a bunch of retirees here, most of whom are collection Social
Security and many have likely experienced the circumstances surrounding
your questions, and can give you very good first hand information.
m***@gmail.com
2016-11-04 01:32:51 UTC
Post by Alan Lichtenstein
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
Usenet is not a chat room, as it is a public bulletin board. Post your
questions to this NG and you'll get a variety of answers many from
people here with considerable expertise. Also, if the information you
seek is not known, you'll get good advice as to where to go to get same.
We're a bunch of retirees here, most of whom are collection Social
Security and many have likely experienced the circumstances surrounding
your questions, and can give you very good first hand information.
Hey hello, One question...I recently started receiving my SS bennies in may of 2016. Friday of last week Oct 28, 2016, I called to have my check direct deposited. I was told that it would take two weeks to have that done...starting in December. However I would still receive my paper check for November. I usually receive my check on the 2nd of every month. Today is the third. Getting a bit nervous here. Should I visit the SS Office?
Thanks in advance, Ted
h***@gmail.com
2017-08-14 22:51:25 UTC
Can I continue to work til i receive my first security check in regards of my previous income, also can i continue to work as long as I don't exceed the early requirement income which is around 17,000
Retired
2017-08-15 01:21:46 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Can I continue to work til i receive my first security check in regards of my previous income, also can i continue to work as long as I don't exceed the early requirement income which is around 17,000
Yes, you can continue to work before and after the checks start.

Even if you earn more than the current $16,920 pre-FRA number, the
checks are reduced, not stopped.

See this SSA webpage for details:
https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/article/3739/what-happens-if-i-work-and-get-social-security-retirement-benefits

There is also an on-line calculator that will show you the reduction
effect, given your age, benefit and income numbers:

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/RTeffect.html
Will Janoschka
2011-08-02 00:41:50 UTC
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
As Alan says:

"Usenet is not a chat room, as it is a public bulletin board.
Post your questions to this NG and you'll get a variety of
answers many from people here with considerable expertise.
Also, if the information you seek is not known, you'll get
good advice as to where to go to get same."

In soc, retirement us old farts, chose to read, think for a while
then decide to pet, console, agree, ignore, disagree, or attack!

No chatting allowed while weapons loaded! -will-
Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley
2011-08-02 06:53:50 UTC
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
Its not dedicated to Social Security, but there are some very
knowledgeable people on that subject at
misc.invest.financial-plan

Most of the posters there are working professionals in the financial
planning business.
Earl Evleth
2011-08-02 11:58:19 UTC
On 2/08/11 8:53, in article
Post by Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley
Most of the posters there are working professionals in the financial
planning business.
I may check them out, what their advice on fixed income investments,
an area which is in a black hole right now.
El Castor
2011-08-02 19:56:15 UTC
Post by Earl Evleth
On 2/08/11 8:53, in article
Post by Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley
Most of the posters there are working professionals in the financial
planning business.
I may check them out, what their advice on fixed income investments,
an area which is in a black hole right now.
I have yet to see anything intelligent on the subject. As an
alternative to some cash or fixed income, maybe commodity ETFs and
REITs?
bill bowden
Buy Amazon. It's up 40% in 6 months.
d***@gmail.com
2018-02-14 22:03:47 UTC
Earl Evleth wrote
On 2/08/11 8:53:

<< I may check them out, what their advice on fixed income investments,
an area which is in a black hole right now. >>

Earl Evleth!!! That was a shock. I must be inside some kind of time machine.

Eugene FitzAubrey
Jerry Okamura
2011-08-02 18:33:31 UTC
You don't have to find a chat room, just ask the questions in this
newsgroup, and you will get an ear full of opinions on the subject matter.

KRL
s***@gmail.com
2017-04-10 00:42:20 UTC
What a good theme for a reason to apply for ss
i***@gmail.com
2017-04-29 08:59:36 UTC
Can ya'll please sending me more money
l***@gmail.com
2016-06-24 01:09:11 UTC
Hi, my question is a followed: is it possible for the local welfare office computer system to see if I got approved for ssi before I was notified from SSA? I get a small amount of food stamp, my caseworker called me today for a medical form she needs and she told me that she see that I had a begin date for ssdi and my stamps will be reduced. I never received a letter, call or anything from SSA. Does this sound possible tpbyou? Thank you
h***@gmail.com
2016-08-05 17:16:55 UTC
yea, it's possible because they have to know what you'll get before they send the letter out and it takes the letter a few days to get to your house. i used to get food stamps and I wouldn't receive a call, I would just get a letter but I signed up on DCF's website and I could see my results way before I got a letter in the mail. I know the website for florida but I don't know what state you're in so I couldn't tell you but a simple google search should work.
p***@gmail.com
I haven't got my social security check yet
p***@gmail.com
I haven't got my social security check yet
p***@gmail.com
I haven't got my social security check yet
p***@gmail.com
I haven't got my social security check yet
p***@gmail.com
I haven't got my social security check yet
i***@gmail.com
I was wondering we're my money going next month
l***@gmail.com
i need help with some questions about my ssi and ssd and special needs trust i get
l***@gmail.com
Retired
2017-02-09 14:06:20 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
i need help with some questions about my ssi and ssd and special needs trust i get
Take a look at these:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/retirement/

http://maximizemysocialsecurity.com/ask-larry

http://www.creators.com/read/your-social-security

http://www.ssdfacts.com/forum/

http://www.mdjunction.com/social-security-disability-advice

https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Good Luck........
i***@gmail.com
2017-04-29 12:58:20 UTC
Can ya'll please sending me more money because the money the ya'll sending me is not to much so can ya'll sending me $289.50 please
j***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 16:38:48 UTC
KRL
Retired
2017-12-18 18:28:41 UTC
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
Well, I hope KRL got is questions answered 6 years ago.

Otherwise, try http://www.city-data.com/forum/retirement/
l***@gmail.com
2018-01-06 17:52:31 UTC
My name is Leonard Garcia. I will be 66 in May 2, 2018. Can I start getting my as check starting this feb.
Jules
2018-01-06 18:24:54 UTC
I see no reason why not. I thought 65 was the age when you can start SS.
Retired
2018-01-06 18:46:27 UTC
Post by Jules
Post by l***@gmail.com
My name is Leonard Garcia. I will be 66 in May 2, 2018. Can I start getting my as check starting this feb.
I see no reason why not. I thought 65 was the age when you can start SS.
Retirement benefits can start as early as age 62, but at a reduced
rate. See page 4 of https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10035.pdf

FYI, you should still start Medicare at 65, otherwise their are
penalties for late enrollment.
g***@gmail.com
2018-01-09 18:51:58 UTC
KRL
g***@gmail.com
speak with someone
Retired
2018-01-09 19:03:16 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
speak with someone
If you have a question, ask it here and I'll try to answer it

Or there is a "Retirement" forum at this link where SS questions are
asked/answered all the time, and is searchable.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/retirement/
s***@milwaukee.k12.wi.us
My name is Diane. I applied for Soc Security in 2017, September, same year I turned 62. I was working and currently still working. I was told they would hold Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan checks because I went over maximum. I was then told, since it is now 2018, I will have to wait another 5 months before I get a check. My question is, does SS benefits start all over at beginning of the year for those who still work? So confused.
Retired
2018-02-14 19:05:49 UTC
Post by s***@milwaukee.k12.wi.us
Post by Retired
Post by g***@gmail.com
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
speak with someone
If you have a question, ask it here and I'll try to answer it
Or there is a "Retirement" forum at this link where SS questions are
asked/answered all the time, and is searchable.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/retirement/
My name is Diane. I applied for Soc Security in 2017, September, same year I turned 62. I was working and currently still working. I was told they would hold Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan checks because I went over maximum. I was then told, since it is now 2018, I will have to wait another 5 months before I get a check. My question is, does SS benefits start all over at beginning of the year for those who still work? So confused.
SSA does review your benefits each year if you are still working. Do
you plan to quit working in 5 months ? If so, that is when payments
would start. If not, did they say why they would start in 5 months ?

You can read up on details here:
https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/whileworking.html
or here:
https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10069.pdf
j***@gmail.com
hi
y***@gmail.com
2018-03-17 00:33:52 UTC
Hello my name is yvonne torgerson and I receive ssi im 69 years of age and I'm disabled I can't speak🗣 ok now I went there like a week ago and I saw someone in the room my number was 69 my age ok I went there for an award letter for my son his name is Robert lopez and he has a pace maker and he's sick so he couldn't make it so I went with all of his ID and everything so the lady I saw she said she can mail it to me im still waiting im looking👀 for a two bedroom apt for me and my son and I really need this award letter I have copd very bad I have alot of medical issues I can't be going everywhere all the time please can you find it in you're heart♥️ to help an old woman in distress please ID appreciate it very much his ssn is 108/56/0202 thank you
Retired
2018-03-17 01:38:49 UTC
Post by y***@gmail.com
Hello my name is yvonne torgerson and I receive ssi im 69 years of age and I'm disabled I can't speak🗣 ok now I went there like a week ago and I saw someone in the room my number was 69 my age ok I went there for an award letter for my son his name is Robert lopez and he has a pace maker and he's sick so he couldn't make it so I went with all of his ID and everything so the lady I saw she said she can mail it to me im still waiting im looking👀 for a two bedroom apt for me and my son and I really need this award letter I have copd very bad I have alot of medical issues I can't be going everywhere all the time please can you find it in you're heart♥️ to help an old woman in distress please ID appreciate it very much his ssn is 108/56/0202 thank you
Given that you apparently have access to the Internet, you (or son)
can get and print your own Benefit Verification (also known as an
Award Letter) yourself.

Instructions are here:
https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10056.pdf
d***@gmail.com
2018-05-11 23:28:27 UTC
I have a question
unknown
2018-05-11 23:45:04 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I have a question
We might have an answer
b***@gmail.com
i am on social security dissability and need surgery however i just received my first check.Does anyone know if i can see a doctor when i wont receive insurance for 6 months?And who pays for it?
z***@gmail.com
2018-06-27 08:05:49 UTC
KRL
a***@gmail.com
2018-09-18 19:52:06 UTC
why do I have to wait for 9 months to receive my last SSDI payment
a***@gmail.com
2018-09-18 19:53:06 UTC
KRL
rumpelstiltskin
2018-09-18 22:33:44 UTC
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
You scared me in that I didn't remember ever getting a
social security check. I looked though, and social security
is deposited directly into my checking account, not as an
addition to my pension check.
l***@gmail.com
I would like to change my direct deposte here is my phone number 660-815-4728
JackPineSavage
Safest place to that is here: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
e***@gmail.com
can me and my spouse live togther still get ssi benefits were not married or have no children then do me and my spouse still get ssi
unknown
2019-06-20 02:01:25 UTC
Post by e***@gmail.com
Post by KRL
Is there a Social Security Chat Room somewhere ??
I have some questions.
Thanks
KRL
can me and my spouse live togther still get ssi benefits were not married or have no children then do me and my spouse still get ssi
Apparently it is possible.

According to SSA's Operating Manual (POMS) at
https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/links/0500501152
it is used "to determine whether two individuals who live in the same
household are considered married for supplemental security income (SSI)
purposes because they hold themselves out as a married couple to the
community in which they live."

There are, of course, other requirements to be eligible, and the
couple's benefit is less than double the individual benefit.
b***@gmail.com
2019-12-29 03:25:44 UTC
What date do we get the check 4,Jan 2020
unknown
2019-12-29 03:45:04 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
What date do we get the check 4,Jan 2020
It depends. The 2020 calendar of payments is here:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031-2020.pdf
k***@gmail.com
i need info on my account
unknown